Friday, July 20, 2012

Hearts and stripes blouse

Happy Friday!  I went out on a limb yesterday and decided to make a blouse pattern based on a basic top I own.  I traced the front and back pieces and cut them out of newspaper.  From there, I I added some darts under the bust line and a single pleat down the center.  To simplify the finishing, I used bias tape (I made it from simple white cotton) to encase the raw edges around the arm holes and neck.  I also added a simple Peter Pan style collar (out of the same white cotton as the bias tape) and sewed a matching covered button in the center.  And here is my new top!

It's comfortable, and simple enough that I put it together in the afternoon!  And my favorite part: since I used all materials from my stash (you may recognize this fabric from here and here) this project didn't cost me anything to make!  I just love it when projects work out!

I'm in the home stretch of my summer job, so I'm looking forward to having some "fun" time in the next few weeks before I head up north for school.  So hopefully that means more fun projects and pictures to share!  Happy almost weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment