Hi friends! I know I've been a little absent lately, but the past couple of weeks have been crazy busy for me! Aside from a busy work schedule, I spent some time working on covering the couches in our living room. We bought them from a nice woman in Orlando who wanted to upgrade her living room set. While they were in pretty good shape (and we got them for a great price!) I had been dying to cover them since we picked them up. So without further ado...allow me to introduce our couches!
Since couch covers are so very expensive, I decided to cover the couches with sets of sheets that I found on sale. Since I wanted to buy the sale sheets (which meant I had to mix and match brands, sizes and colors) I decided to get all white sheets and dye them myself. Sean and I decided on red, since we have a red fireplace on the opposite end of the room. Here is where the project got a little complicated: it turns out that it's almost impossible to dye such a large amount of fabric red. After many runs through the washing machine with boxes and bottles of red dye, my sheets turned out a lovely shade of cotton candy pink. Oops! So in an effort to minimize the pink (because it's a whole lot of pink) I added some strips of blue fabric across the arm rests and seat cushions, and I covered the back cushions and pillows in contrasting blue fabrics. Since I mixed so many fabrics, it distracts from the pink, and it looks so fun and festive! While the pink is still taking some getting used to, we love our new couches!
Happy Wednesday! I hope to be back with more to share soon!