Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring cleaning

Before I can really get started with some new projects, I need to deal with some of my abandoned projects.  I know that it will make me feel better to finally finish some of these up, and quite frankly, my sewing room is bursting at the seams.  I have an embarrassing number of unidentifiable projects in various stages of completion.  So in an effort to eradicate the disorder that has become my sewing room, I've decided to do a little spring cleaning.  I'm working my way through these bits and pieces by either finishing or scrapping the original projects, and I won't stop until I'm all caught up! (or at least until I can see the floor of my sewing room again.)

Up first was (an embarrassingly late) Valentine's Day present for Sean.  Considering how busy and stressful my February was, I chose an overly-ambitious project and I just finished it the other night...only five weeks late!  As upset as I was that it was so very late, I am thrilled with the way it turned out.  Here is the finished product:


In case you haven't met them before, these three good-looking guys are the front men for the classic Haunted Mansion at Disney World.  Since this has always been one of Sean's favorite attractions, I decided to do a little embroidery project featuring these hitchhiking ghosts. 

  

Aside from just biting off more than I could chew with this project (as usual), I had a few setbacks (which included flat out losing my first attempt...how does that happen?!)  But overall, it turned out even better than I expected.  In an effort to make this needlepoint gift a tad more masculine, I bought a plain black wooden frame, and my dad matted it for me, giving it a rich blue border.  

It's so satisfying to finish projects!  I have a few more up my sleeve for the week, so I'll keep playing catch-up and hopefully be back with more to share soon!  Happy Wednesday!   


No comments:

Post a Comment