Thursday, March 15, 2012

The "to infinity and beyond!" scarf

I know I said I was finally going to tackle some of my clothing patterns, but with the weather suddenly turning so nice, I was compelled to make a sunny, bright infinity scarf today.  I've been hanging onto a bunch of scraps in the blue-yellow-green color family (one of my favorite color families!) and just sewed a big loop!  Here is how it turned out:


I made it slightly over-sized (for comfort's sake) and I just pieced the scraps together, sewed the whole thing inside out, then turned it and closed up the loop...easy as pie!  After I finished up this little project, I headed out to Rickett's Glen State Park for a lovely hike with my sister.  We had perfect weather, and (possibly for the first time in history) didn't get lost while finding our way back to the car.  Big day!


While I didn't progress a whole lot today on my adventures in sewing with patterns, I have officially started laying out a project that I'm super excited about!  I'll let you all know how it goes!  I hope you all had wonderful Thursdays, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment