Saturday, January 14, 2012

Projects of Past, Present and Future

Since I didn't have much time to devote to actual sewing today, I decided to do a different kind of post:  I'm going to share a project I've already completed, a project that is still in progress, and a project I hope to make soon.

Project of the Past:
This apron was one of my fist "real" projects (which means I completed it by myself, and the end result actually looked like an apron.)  I completed it in 2009. 


When I first showed an interest in fabric (and quickly thereafter discovered JoAnn Fabrics) I found this fruit-printed cotton and just had to have it.  Around the same time (divine intervention?) I found this wonderful book, and it was a match made in heaven.  The apron pattern came straight from the book, and was a complete success.

Project of the Present:
This project is one that I have been working on for what feels like an eternity.  In fact, I'm not going to reveal exactly what it is, because when I eventually do finish it (read: if I ever finish it) I  want the big reveal to be a surprise!  So this is all you're getting:



Some of you may recognize this as "that wad of fabric" that you've seen in my last couple of apartments.  I will finish it eventually!

Project of the Future:
I came across this tutorial this afternoon when I was perusing the web today, and I just love the shape of it!  And I have some adorable fabrics upstairs that are screaming to be used for this project.  I'll keep y'all posted!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment