Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pencil pouch

It all started yesterday when I found the most adorable pencils at Target.  Just look at those colors!


And they got me thinking: pencils like this need a proper pouch.  Like something that I can throw in my rehearsal bag and not be embarrassed to take out in public.  So I got to work!  I made a simple little bucket-style pouch, with a zipper on the top.  I made it tall enough that I could put in my pencils and still have room left for my other essentials (like rosin and candy.) 


For the main exterior of the pouch, I used some fabric I had left from this project, and a beige 7-inch zipper.  To make the bottom a little more sturdy (and a little more resistant to dirt) I used some floral brown cotton I had left from this project, and I stuck some crocheted trim on top.  For the lining, I used some white dotted fabric, left from this project.  Nothing like using up bits and pieces from the scrap pile!



This was such a quick and easy project...perfect for a rainy day off!  On top of this little beauty, I also got some great practicing in, and got the oil changed in my car.  What a day!  And I've got some more projects on my to-do list for this week, so I'll (hopefully) be back soon!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I would buy something like this from you! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle! I know this response is quite delayed (oops!) but I'm hoping to start blogging again, and hope to have some things for sale soon!

      Delete