Friday, April 13, 2012

Flirting the issue skirt

I've been sewing up a storm lately.  I know you're probably thinking something along the lines of "But you haven't posted in days!  And the last project you posted was dyed eggs!"  But I really have been working on a few exciting things to share over the next few days!  So today, I'm going to start with a  little skirt I made this morning.  This was another fabric kit that I've had sitting around for a while.  I got the fabric for this "Flirting the Issue" skirt (I wish I could claim credit for that sassy name, but that-along with the design-goes to Anna Maria Horner) as a birthday gift last year, and the pattern can be found (along with her other adorable free patterns) here.  It only took me eight months to work up the courage, and a half-day to make it.  So without further ado...


 
 
The kit came with this lovely brown floral cotton, and a sweet solid pink for the lining.  The directions didn't exactly call for the little white ruffle but I just couldn't help myself.  Doesn't it just remind you of Neapolitan ice cream?  (And what could be better than that?)  This fabric was so lovely, it was one of those pieces that I loved the more I worked with it.  It is soft to the touch and just sheer enough to look delicate (and hang nicely) without showing too much underneath.  The wide elastic band at the top is ultra-comfortable, and the pattern allows for a customized fit.  It was a breeze to make and I think it's just perfect for the coming warm weather...I see many more of these in my future!  I love it so much I think I might just wear it out to dinner tonight.

Happy Friday the 13th, and happy weekend!  Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for more projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment