Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tunic: take two

Today, I woke up with an inexorable urge to go shopping.  I'm not sure if it was the sunshine, the fact that I'm finally done with this round of auditions, or if it is just one of those days; but whatever the reason, I couldn't shake the urge.  So I ordered this pair of loafers in kelly green (at $15 I just couldn't not order them!) but since they won't be here for a few days, I ventured into my box of castoff clothing and picked something to re-vamp.  So I started with this fixer-upper:


I bought this button-down tunic at Target a few years ago because I loved the print.  To be honest, I'm not even sure I tried it on in the store.  If I would have, I probably would have known that it was a super awkward length for me, and that I was never really going to wear it.  So to solve this problem, I chopped off the bottom, added a little bit of ruffle trim (how can you go wrong with ruffles?) and turned the navy belt into a removable bow pin.  Here is how it turned out:



This project was super easy and it really hit the spot today.  I had been keeping an eye out for a project to use this ruffle trim on, and I love the way it looks with the print on the shirt.  I'd call this re-fashion a success!

I hope you all are also getting a bit of the sunshine we're getting in Pennsylvania today, it's beautiful!  Today finally feels like spring.  I'm going to go enjoy it in my new top!  Thanks for stopping by and happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment