Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blue jean blues

Today I searched high and low for a new pair of jeans.  Actually, I only went to one store (but I did look really hard there!) and I came home empty-handed.  But while I was there I was struck with the idea to try to improve the fit of a pair of jeans that I've had in my closet forever and haven't really worn.  I picked these jeans up at a second-hand store last year sometime, and I've only worn them a few times.  They were a little too long for me, and I wasn't crazy about the way the flares fit.  Here they are before the transformation:


The photos were a challenge today, since I was working solo (except for Oliver, who's a trusty sidekick, but not such a whiz with a camera.)  I had a tough time trying to photograph my own legs.  My legless dress form didn't really didn't have a prayer for this pants-only photo shoot.  Anyway, here is the best "after" shot:


I didn't make any major changes, but I took in the flares so they're more of a boot cut/skinny jean now, and I shortened the legs a little.  I didn't sew the cuffs in place, but I like the cuffed look and it was rainy this afternoon, so I wore them that way today.  I hope I get some more use out of these jeans now!

On an unrelated note, I stopped in the craft store this afternoon and I could not leave without picking up some trim.  They were priced at three yards for a dollar!  Three yards!  For one dollar!  Here's a peek at what I got: 


I'm particularly fond of the teal scalloped lace.  I can't wait to make something with these!  I'll be sure to let you all know when I do!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment