And ended with this:
All I did was hem the sleeves, take in the sides, and add a couple of colorful details. I used some scraps of folky chevron-printed fabric for the elbow patches, sewed some orange polka-dotted trim on the front, and re-covered the original buttons in a light blue cotton (because orange and blue is one of the world's best color combos.) Here are the added details:
I'd call this sweater a success, and I'm steadily working through my "needs improvement" pile of clothes (which had gotten a little out of hand.) I'll have a good chance to try out my new sweater over the next few days, since I'm off to Rochester tomorrow and then I'll be back to Cleveland on Friday (and those are such cold cities!) Since I'll be gone for another few days, I'll catch up with you all after the weekend...thanks for stopping by!