Monday, October 15, 2012

Green tea, green top

Hello, friends!  On this (dreary) day, I took a much needed break and enjoyed a cup of Heavenly loose-leaf green tea from a sampler pack Sean sent me last week.  So tasty!  Aren't those tea leaves gorgeous?? 



Perhaps it was the green tea (or the fact that I haven't had much time for sewing lately) but something reminded me of this green top that I made towards the end of the summer and never got around to posting on here.  It was pretty quick to put together, and I was able to do it in a day.  I bought this pattern intending to use of some of my favorite bits of fabric (that I've been hiding away for months, always saving them for some hypothetical, future sewing project.)  Not wanting to ruin these pristine pieces of fabric, I decided to do a trial-run of the pattern, using basic (read: cheap) cotton.  I used some very inexpensive green cotton (it cost around $2 a yard) for the body of the blouse, and some white cotton I had in my stash for the collar and sleeve edges.





In case you were wondering, I haven't gotten around to sewing the pattern again, although I still intend to!  There are a couple of minor changes I would make to the fit (I'm more of a baggy blouse kind of a girl) and I'd like to change up the sleeves a bit for fall/winter.  But overall, the project was a success!  I'd love to make it in a sheer, camel brown chiffon with some gold buttons...doesn't that just sound like fall?  Maybe that will be next on my to-do list!

Happy Monday, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment