Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Greetings from sunny Florida!

I know I've been a little absent lately, but I have a good excuse this time.  After spending a few days out of town playing a gig, Sean flew up to Pennsylvania and we spent the weekend (drum-roll, please...) driving to Florida!  We made the last-minute decision to do it in one shot, so that we would have Sunday to rest before Sean had to return to work on Monday.  The drive was relatively uneventful (aside from a wonderfully horrible book-on-tape involving contagious mold spores, time travel, and monster babies) and Oliver was perfectly angelic.  In fact, I think he handled the drive better than I did.  So I've spent the past few days getting settled in our new house and getting to know the area a little bit.  We're living just outside of Orlando, and the weather has been beautiful for my first few days here!  It's been so beautiful that these guys decided to take a little stroll this morning, and I encountered them on my run:


Despite the fact that they were alarmingly large, I couldn't keep myself from sneaking a few pictures of them.  I think they're some sort of ibis?

I'm planning on picking up some fabric this week, and I've got quite a few projects on my to-do list, so I'll keep you all posted!  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment