Monday, January 23, 2012

Nifty Gifties - Part One

Hello friends!  I know I've been MIA for a few days, but it's only because I've been working on something big.  It's really big.  It's so big, in fact, that it's not actually finished yet.  But I had a more time-sensitive project that I had to squeeze in this afternoon.  Not to worry!  I will finish it soon, and you will hear all about it.

But for now, I wanted to share a little project I did this afternoon in preparation for a trip I'll be making this weekend.  I'll be doing a little audition tour, and I am staying with a few different friends in a few different cities.  Not wanting to show up empty-handed (but also not wanting to give up a ton of time to complicated, overly-ambitious projects) I've been working on a few little gift items to take with me.  So here is Nifty Gifty #1 (out of 3) and it is: a set of 4 place mats!



When I went to the fabric store earlier today, I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do.  But once I found this beautiful batik cotton I decided to go with a simple design.  I just love the swirls of color...I couldn't stand to cover those up!  I used a plain grey cotton on the flip side, and just added a little gold and blue trim (you know, to make it fancy.) 


I'll be back tomorrow with Nifty Gifties #2 and #3, and then I'll be all ready for my trip!  Hope everyone had a happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment