Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year, Old Projects

Hello, world!  I'm taking the beaten path this year, and using the new year as an opportunity to cross some things off of my to-do list that seem like they might have made that list their permanent home.  For one, since I discovered the world of craft blogging within the last couple of years, I have been suffering from some serious blog envy.  Last year (for New Year's) I resolved to start my own blog.  Lo and behold, that task sat on my to-do list for an entire year.  So, with this new year, I decided to take the plunge, and here I am!  I plan to use this blog to keep track of my projects, to share things that I find, and (hopefully) to join in the online sewing community.  So without further ado...

Along with the creation of this blog, I am making an attempt to work through my ridiculous fabric stash.  I have an embarrassingly large number of projects that I seem to have started and abandoned, and a plethora fabrics that I seem to have purchased with no project in mind.  How did I let it get so out of control, you may ask?  I love fabric!  And sometimes my stomach is bigger than my eyes, so to speak.  

While I am still attempting to corral my fabric stash into some usable state, I've decided to share a knitting project that I just finished this afternoon.  I started this infinity scarf a few months ago and ditched it shortly thereafter (I usually don't have the patience to finish knitting projects...) and picked it up the other day with a few new ideas about the design.  For the sake of interest, I switched up the plain garter stitch with a few thick stripes in the stockinette stitch, as well as switching the color from pink to grey.  As a bow-lover, I couldn't help myself from knitting up a few and using them to connect the two ends.  





No comments:

Post a Comment